We’re excited to announce the release of Modin 0.16!
To celebrate Modin’s sweet sixteen, we’ve made major enhancements to the Modin experience:
- A new feature: Backwards compatibility for Python 3.6 and Pandas 1.1 so that you can now use Modin even if your tech stack dependencies require you to use these older versions of Python / Pandas. (Compatibility with Python 3.7 and Pandas 1.3 coming soon.)
- 30+ performance improvements, including speedups:
- For ‘read_parquet’ (including support for fast parquet)
- For ‘groupby.mean’ on narrow dataframes
- For binary operations between two DataFrames
- Support for the latest version of Dask
- An upgrade to Pandas 1.5 (the latest stable release)
- A variety of bug fixes (54 of them since the 0.15 release!), testing enhancements, and documentation improvements!
Modin is 4.5 years in the making, has been downloaded 4 million times, and has 7.9K GitHub Stars.
For more details, check out the release notes here.
Thank you to the 18 Modin developers who contributed to this release, and to the whole Modin community!